NWTF Regional Wildlife Biologist – Indiana and Michigan (January 2013)
|January 23, 2013 - January 23, 2014|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Operations (Field Staff)|
|Description:||The National Wild Turkey Federation has an immediate opening for a regional wildlife biologist. This position will be responsible for all facets of the NWTF's habitat conservation and wild turkey and upland wildlife management programs in Indiana and Michigan.|
- Work cooperatively with state and federal agencies and private landowners on habitat initiatives
- Administer NWTF's regional habitat initiatives, and work closely with the Indiana and Michigan State Chapters to administer the Hunting Heritage Super Fund Program and develop our new Save the Habitat. Save the Hunt initiative
- Provide oversight and coordination for conservation activities addressing forest health issues affecting important habitat for the wild turkey and other upland wildlife on both public and private lands
- Garner funding for conservation work by securing grants, contracts and additional agency and non-governmental organization partnerships to further NWTF's mission
- Develop written wildlife management plans that meet Farm Bill program requirements
- Develop and provide oversight of agency agreements and contracts
- Develop and implement stewardship habitat proposals and projects with US Forest Service staff that enhance wildlife habitat via active forest management
- Promote habitat and outreach accomplishments via NWTF and agency public relations media
- A Bachelor's degree in a science-related field and demonstrated knowledge of wildlife management, forestry and ecology; a Master's degree with four years related experience is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Experience working with state and federal agencies and private landowners; grant writing and administration; Farm Bill programs; development of management plans; and Midwest ecosystems and management techniques preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications including spreadsheets, internet and computer applications. GIS skills and experience preferred
- Individual will be required to reside in one of two states: Indiana and Michigan. While location is negotiable, a centralized location is preferred
Position will require significant overnight travel. Excellent health and retirement benefits package along with a vehicle plan. Salary is commensurate with experience.
No telephone calls or agencies please.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.