Regional Director - Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maritime Canada (April 2012)
|April 30, 2012 - April 30, 2013|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Operations (Field Staff)|
|Description:||The National Wild Turkey Federation is searching for a regional director to manage the territories of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maritime Canada. The chosen candidate will have to reside in the region or be willing to relocate to that area. This position is charged with planning, developing, implementing and maintaining a grassroots fundraising program designed to support our conservation mission and attract more people to conservation, turkey hunting and other outdoor activities.|
- Provides leadership, recruitment and training of volunteers
- Managing the volunteer efforts in support of NWTF fundraising events; banquets and special events
- Act as liaison between local and State chapters and national offices on various issues
- Work with existing chapter system to develop them to their greatest potential for fund raising and membership development
- Ability to motivate, encourage and manage volunteers/members at the local level
- Work in development of all aspects of fund-raising
- Assist in searching out and screening donations of all types from private and public entities
- Identify private and corporate landowners that are interested in having habitat management plans developed on their property
- Ability to travel 25,000 to 30,000 miles per year to cover assigned territory with a company provided vehicle. Overnight and weekend travel are required from time to time
- Ability to submit weekly activity reports to headquarters and budget accordingly
- Create and maintain budget model for the region
|Qualifications:||Applicants must be self-motivated and eager to accept challenging goals. Volunteer experience with NWTF or similar organizations will benefit candidates. This position requires an aptitude for building and managing relationships with a very diverse group of volunteers and an emphasis on effective verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must be able to work with proficiency on a personal computer with basic skills in MS Office applications and have a working familiarity with the Internet. The successful candidate must be willing to work hours that extend outside of the typical workday and workweek throughout the year, including extensive auto travel. The successful candidate will be required to relocate to the region.
Education and experience: A four year degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required. A strong background in sales, training, fundraising, relationship development and/or management is recommended.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.